Diabetes And Kidney Health Package
This Diabetes and Kidney Health lab test package checks for more than 20 markers related to health of your Kidney and Hemoglobin A1C. It includes parameters like BUN/Creatinine, Calcium, Carbon Dioxide, Magnesium, Chloride, Creatinine with GFR Estimated, Glucose, Potassium, Sodium and A1C.
What does this diabetes and kidney health lab test reveal about your health?
This test will reveal how good the regulation of your blood sugar has been in the last three months. Also, it will provide you a detailed evaluation of your renal function. Even the subtle impairment of renal function will be detected with this test. Electrolyte status also provides a valuable insight into your overall health (not only renal function, for example, a quite common underlying cause of palpitations is electrolyte imbalance which will be detected with this test).
If you are already diagnosed with diabetes, you should perform this test once or twice a year (depending on the severity of your disease).
You should perform this test if you:
• Have never checked blood glucose level before
• Have high blood pressure problem
• Are highly suspicious that you may have diabetes because of the symptoms you noticed (often thirsty, frequent urinating, fatigued, feeling hungry all the time, feel numbness in the feet and hands, have blurry vision, etc.)
• Do not have an established diagnosis of diabetes, but you have a family history of diabetes among your blood relatives
• Measured an increased level of blood sugar using diabetes testing strips (fasting blood sugar <100mg/dl or <7 mmol/L)
• Are already diagnosed with diabetes type 2
• Are already diagnosed with diabetes type 1
This requires fasting 10-12 hours prior to going in for blood collection.
Estimated Time Taken
1 - 2 working days after collection of specimen.