Includes hemoglobin A1c test – called HbA1c, an important blood test that shows how well your sugar levels are being controlled over the past 3 months.
Diabetes is a disease in which the sugar level inside the body becomes too high. Our body produces insulin that helps in converting food into energy for our cells and maintain the correct sugar levels. If the body stops producing enough insulin or stops utilizing it properly, sugar stays in our body. High sugar levels in the body can cause serious problems to heart, kidney, eyes and nerves. This package includes hemoglobin A1c test – called HbA1c, an important blood test that shows how well your sugar levels are being controlled over the past 3 months.
Blood sugar control in the last three months is the best way to tell if you have diabetes or a condition that may lead you towards it. The blood glucose levels vary a lot during the day depending on when was the last food intake, what kind of food was taken, is a person completely healthy or suffers from a common cold for example, and many other factors… The good news is- diabetes complications are completely preventable! Timely detection that something is wrong with the glucose metabolism in your body and adequate changes in the lifestyle can help you prevent diabetes. Also, timely established diagnosis of diabetes and adequate treatment of it will help you avoid all diabetes complications (kidney failure, stroke, heart attack, diabetic polyneuropathy, vision problems, etc.)
What does this test reveal about your health?
This test will show the level of Hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) in your blood. Its level correlates with the blood sugar control in the last three months. Insulin is called “the hormone of the XX century” among health professionals. If the insulin is the hormone of the XX century than HbA1c is a blood test of XXI century because of its significance in the early detection of diabetes, prediabetes and other similar conditions. Need a more detailed health check?
You should perform this test if you:
• Are highly suspicious that you may have diabetes because of the symptoms you noticed (often thirsty, frequent urinating, fatigued, feeling hungry all the time, feel numbness in the feet and hands, have blurry vision, etc.)
• Are obese and you are already diagnosed with increased cholesterol level
• Measured an increased level of blood sugar using diabetes testing strips (fasting blood sugar <100mg/dl or <7 mmol/L)
• Have never measured blood glucose level before and want to make sure that everything is ok with your blood sugar level regulation
• Are already diagnosed with diabetes mellitus
• Have a family history of diabetes
This requires fasting 10-12 hours prior to going in for blood collection.
Estimated Time Taken
1 - 2 working days after collection of specimen.