Renal Function Panel (Basic Kidney Health)
Get basic kidney function test online. Accurate results. Secure reports.
A Kidney Health / Renal Function Panel is a common health screening used to help detect conditions affecting the kidneys. It can also be used to monitor people who are receiving treatment for illnesses affecting the kidneys. You can now book a basic kidney function test online conveniently.
Quest Diagnostics Test Code for Kidney Health Test Panel: 10314
Why Renal Function Panel?
Your doctor may advise you to get a basic renal function when:
- You start to show symptoms that indicate renal problems.
- You are under treatment for any kidney ailment that needs time to time monitoring.
- You have certain other conditions that make you a candidate for kidney diseases (like hypertension, diabetes, etc.)
Call us (888) 333-5624 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What Tests Does A Renal Panel Include?
– Glucose: Abnormal blood sugar levels can indicate a number of conditions including Diabetes. Over time, high glucose levels can damage the kidneys.
– BUN (Blood Urea Nitrogen): A waste product filtered through the kidneys. Used to evaluate kidney function.
– Creatinine: A waste product produced by the muscles which is filtered through the kidneys. Used to Evaluate Kidney Health Function.
– BUN/Creatinine Ratio: This measurement can indicate kidney disease or conditions such as dehydration or intestinal bleeding.
– Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate (eGFR): The amount of blood filtered by the kidneys. Used to screen for and detect early kidney damage.
– Calcium: Normal levels are important for healthy bones, heart, nerves, kidneys, and teeth.
– Sodium, Potassium, Chloride, Carbon Dioxide, Total: An improper electrolyte balance can indicate a number of conditions including dehydration, Addison’s disease, kidney disease, and Diabetes.
– Albumin: A protein important for healthy liver and kidney function.
– Phosphorus/Phosphate: Low levels of phosphorus can be indicative of a number of illnesses while high levels may be a symptom of kidney failure.
This kidney function test panel is typically ordered online as part of a general health screening. It may also be ordered when someone has symptoms which may indicate kidney disease or is being treated for kidney disease.
Customers looking for a more comprehensive screening can order a Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP). A CMP includes all of the components of a Renal Panel except Phosphorus.
The Renal Function Panel requires fasting for 12 hours prior to going in for blood collection.
Estimated Time Taken
1 - 2 working days after collection of specimen.