25-HYDROXY, VITAMIN D BLOOD TEST
This test gives an indication of the vitamin D status of an individual. A deficiency in vitamin D leads to a bone disorder called rickets. Labwork365 enables you to get Vitamin D blood test done without a doctor’s prescription.
- Accurate and confidential test reports
- Available at Quest Diagnostics labs across 45 states in the US
- Reports sent by email
- Fixed price guarantee
Need help with 25-Hydroxy Vitamin D Test? Get in touch
Why 25-Hydroxy Vitamin D Test?
Vitamin D is one of the water-soluble vitamins that is required for the healthy formation and maintenance of teeth and bones. It is made in the body when exposed to sunlight, but can also be supplemented in the diet.
There are two major forms of the vitamin, 1,25 dihydroxyvitamin D and 25 hydroxyvitamin D. 25 hydroxyvitamin D is the inactive form of the vitamin which is converted by the liver and kidney into the active form. This is the form which is frequently measured, because of the higher amounts in the body and the long half-life. It gives an indication of the vitamin D status of an individual. A deficiency in vitamin D leads to a bone disorder called rickets. We can do the test for you as prescribed by your doctor. In case you do not have a prescription and still need to get vitamin d blood test without the doctor, we can still do it for you
This test is performed in following conditions such as:
• Low calcium
• Bone malformation in children (rickets)
• bone weakness, softness, or fracture in adults (osteomalacia)
• If diagnosed for osteoporosis
• If you are already on medication for any of these conditions, your doctor may want this test from time to time to see if the medication is working.
Also Known As: 25-Hydroxycalciferol
Fasting is preferred but not mandatory.
Why would one need a 25- Hydroxy Vitamin D blood test without a doctor?
If you have a doubt that you may be deficient in Vitamin D, you can very well get a vitamin d blood test without a doctor before you get a consultation. Here are some categories of people who may be at a higher risk of this deficiency:
● Those who do not receive adequate exposure to the sun (30 minutes or more every day)
● Those suffering with obesity
● Breastfed babies (in some cases)
● Older adults (especially women after menopause)
● People with intestine-related ailments (it is difficult for them to absorb nutrients)
● People who have undergone gastric bypass surgery
For any questions or queries:
Call us at (888) 333-5624 OR Write to us at email@example.com
Estimated Time Taken
Turnaround time for this Vitamin D blood test is typically 1-3 business days.